Can You Stand The Rain?


Like 'em or loathe 'em, we have to support our men. Black, White, Asian or Indian...we have to love them with their flaws and with their positive attributes. A lot of the time women are quick to dismiss ALL men, based on the actions of one (or two...or five!) fools. I often hear women say, "I'm done with black men"...or say, "I hate men!" in general. Like many things in life, it's important to make judgements on an individual basis and try not to let the wrongdoings of The Ignorant mess up potential opportunities with The Wonderful.

There are many good men out there in the world. I'm sure of this! Be patient, be optimistic, be tolerant, and know that good things happen to good people. Instead of putting that negative and hateful anti-man energy into the world, it's easier to try to love, support, and appreciate the goodness in men.

In tribute to the 'celebrity' beautiful brothers that we know and love, I created this YouTube video to the soundtrack of my favourite R&B song of all time: "Can You Stand The Rain" by New Edition...with an arrangement by Boyz II Men featured as well.

Check out the photos of these "100 Brothers" (including Mr. Idris Elba) at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4ZPOMSs5U4&feature=fvsr...


THE LYRICS

On a perfect day I know that I can count on you
When that's not possible
Tell me, can you weather the storm
Cause I need somebody who will stand by me
Through the good times and bad times
She will always, always be right there

Sunny days, everybody loves them
Tell me
Can you stand the rain
Storms will come
This we know for sure
Can you stand the rain

Love unconditional
I'm not asking this of you
We've got to make it last
I'll do whatever needs to be done
Cause I need somebody who will stand by me
When it's time she won't run
She will always, always be right there

No pressure, no pressure from me baby
Cause I want you
And I need you
And I love you
Will you be there for me

Can you stand the rain?


Please click the logo below to purchase one of the novels in my Urban Toronto Tales collection, "Stories about the Life YOU Live"...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 100 Jamaican Names

Why I'm Willing to Forgive Kevin Hart...

Kevin Hart & The Wayans Bringing Funny Back to Television