REGGAE MONTH // The Inaugural 'Island Music Conference' in Kingston Jamaica (Feb 8-12, 2023)
Founded by co-CEO's Sharon Burke and Judith Ann Bodley, and event Chairman Dr. Orville Burrell (Shaggy), the Conference is, "an Island meeting place where music professionals share experiences, forge alliances, expand knowledge base, expose new music and talent, and connect with the heartbeat of the global industry," as stated on the event website, with the intention of helping participants navigate challenges, network, and gain education on the business of the island music industry. The event takes place from February 8 through 12, 2023 in Kingston, Jamaica.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 8
- We are all Creators (Content Producers)
- The Power of the Pen (Songwriters and Producers)
- YouTube 101
- The Global Influence of Caribbean Music (Artists and Managers)
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 9
- The DSP Strategy
- Mastering Media
- Pros and Cons of Owning Your Master
- Mental Health and Nutrition for Artistes and Musicians
- Of Copyright, Publishing and Royalties
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10
- Where is the Disconnect
- Content Evolution
- Digital/Social Media Music Marketing
- Kymani Marley - One on One Interview
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11
- The Art of Event Production
- Money Management, Investment and Insurance
- The Marketing, Publicity and PR Imperative
- Reggae to the World...Without Jamaica
- Anatomy of a Record
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 12
- The Beat of Style
- The TikTok Tutorial
- All About Make-Up Workshop
IMC Festivities will also include a day market featuring Caribbean cultural merchandise, poetry night, a songwriter's workshop, and opportunities for cocktails and networking.
Jamaican-Canadian radio host Spex was present on Daytime Live on Jamaican television station TVJ along with conference co-CEO Judith Ann Bodley, to promote the event:
"The #IMC will expand your knowledge of the entertainment industry by putting you in rooms with experienced individuals sharing information on how you can take your career to the next level!" ~ Island Music ConferenceJudith Ann Bodley on TVJ.
If you're not able to be in Jamaica to experience the conference live this year, stay connect through their website IslandMusicConference.com, their Instagram live feed @IslandMusicConference, their Twitter account @IslandMusicJA, or their YouTube channel for updates, features, music, and an abundance of knowledge in support of the island music industry.
Compiled by SM Robinson for Kya Publishing's @JamaicanCanadianZone.
Post a Comment