SOAR by T.D. Jakes: Book Review


T.D. Jakes has been a huge source of motivation in my life. Like, huge. What started out as a casual reading or casual viewing of his messages, has now turned into a necessity in my life. He is the spiritual voice that speaks directly to me and interprets The Word in a way that I appreciate, understand, and process with thanksgiving.

I've read a many of his books in the past, and have never been disappointed. I watch his weekly service from The Potter's House in Dallas, Texas and love the way he preaches and his communication style over all.

When his latest book "SOAR!" was released in October of 2017, I made sure to get myself a copy. It is a welcome addition to my e-library (this was officially the 6th book purchase I've made through a Kobo e-reader I've had for about 6 years...I'm still trying to get down with the technology), and something I'll most definitely refer to again in the future.

The premise: being an entrepreneur, but doing it in a way that is in alignment with your spiritual vision. "Build Your Vision from the Ground Up" is the tag line, and it is a helpful tool to any Christian...or anyone starting, maintaining, or running a business.

What I love about Bishop Jakes is that although the book is framed in a spiritual context, the lessons are practical and easy-to-apply to the business process for ANYONE who happens to read this book. I would recommend it to anyone who is starting a business, or thinking about starting a business. I'd suggest that anyone currently running a business also take a look at these words for inspiration and very, very helpful and practical tips.

I trust this advice, because I've witnessed T.D. Jakes transform from a southern man of the church, to an international multi-media mogul. And I haven't seen him compromise himself or his beliefs...not one bit. He understands how to communicate his messages, he has evolved with technology, and adjusted his strategies to complement the current social climate.


I've seen him in tears on a pulpit, bringing congregation members to dance in the aisles of their church in joy and revelation. I've seen him posing in skinny jeans out on the streets of New York. He is as versatile as the business climate, and yet his message is as consistent and truthful as it is full of impact.

Some of my favourite points he raised:

* Catch a vision of your destination!

* While imitating those who have gone before you is crucial to your success, knowing how and when to innovate and blaze your own trail is just as vital!

* If you want to shift from expending energy trying to get off the ground to actually flying as an entrepreneur, then you must identify your motivations!

It's a great read. An informative read. An inspirational read. An easy read. I appreciate the words he has written, spoken, and facilitated, and look forward to his next literary project and/or film...television show, etc. He is the consummate businessman, and a great role model in this context, and many others.









Written by Stacey Marie Robinson for Kya Publishing's "Urban Toronto Tales" blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 100 Jamaican Names

Why I'm Willing to Forgive Kevin Hart...

Kevin Hart & The Wayans Bringing Funny Back to Television